Sunday, July 5, 2009

In Chicago

Well after a very long drive I made it to Chicago, my parents house, yesterday at around 1:30 in the afternoon. The 4th was great. My sister and her entire neighborhood was busted by the cops for illegal fireworks last year so they moved the celebration to my parents house this year. They live in an area that would ensure no police interruption. It rained most of the day but around 6:30 pm it stopped and we had a great fireworks show after dark. Immediately after the show I got a very good nights sleep. Today was very nice, a day by the pool, and hanging two ceiling fans for my momma.

MJ has been in Santa Fe all weekend and seen a spectacle called the Wine Festival. MJ and her mom, Marilyn traveled to Santa Fe, New Mexico and have been going non-stop all weekend. They have seen some great art, a lot of different Wine Tastings and good food. MJ tells me she had the best guacamole ever, they made it right in front of her at the restaurant.

Well I will be in Chicago for a while with the rents, I miss my wife and Childress already, but I am looking forward to visiting with old friends and time with mom and dad. Until next time.....Have fun in the heat, in Chicago I can sit outside and not sweat, who would have thunk?

No comments: