Friday, July 17, 2009

Chicago Update

Wow what a difference 990 miles makes.... Low 60's at night, and highs in the low 80's. No air conditioning and fun by Mom and Dad's pool. Marijon arrived on July 10th and we have had a great time visiting our Illinois friends. We have had a great time visiting with the Janeks, Swaffords including baby Eli who is awesome, LaMores, and visiting our old Church River Valley Christian Fellowship. Life has been good. Mike Janek and I have had a great time riding bikes until he was forced into a crash last Saturday and here is a picture of that result.


He actually was very lucky for someone who crashed a road bike at 20 miles an hour because the guy in front of him got caught up in a set of railroad tracks they were crossing. He gets his stitches out Tuesday and we are going to ride again before I leave to come home to Texas.
We have had some fun in the pool. Shown here...

The dogs wanted in the pool really bad, but my mom was very against that.

Then my dad secretly made a plan to get them in the pool and we were successful, and my mom was very upset. This is Zoey swimming. Both our labs love to swim.





And here are a few vineyard pictures from late June when my parents, Ed and Arlene, were in Childress. I put them to work in the vineyard and they did great.



Me and my Momma in JMJ Vineyards getting rid of weeds, fun right?

No comments: