Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What more can I say?

It snowed today. Or as they would say where I come from, "We had some Flurries this morning." Can you believe that some people actually asked if we were going to get out early due to the weather. Our friends in Chicago are laughing, but they do not understand that salt does not exist in Childress. They throw dirt on the road, or gravel to make the roads safe. Do you think that works very well? So this morning I got to hear rocks clinking against my car the entire drive in to work. I digress.

Tomorrow we will make a trip to our second Christmas party of the year with MJ's work buddies. I cannot express how happy MJ and I are to have been blessed with great job opportunities in Texas. Last night we were at my work Christmas party. Which brings me to the point I have been trying to say. All you folks in Texas probably take this for granted, but one thing we love about this small town is that the people here seem to be resistant to the many changes in society to remove CHRIST from everything. On the main road going through the middle of town a bank has a light up Chirstmas sign that actually says "Merry Christmas." Not Happy Holidays or Seasons Greetings. In Chicago or a bigger town like WF, you probably will not see that in front of a business. And this for the sole purpose of not offending anyone and being PC. It makes a great impression to see something like that. Shoot, last night we prayed over our meal at my "School" function. Lead by our AD, and everyone participated. Maybe more comforting, everyone took it as completely normal, and even standard protocol prior to eating. At School, in the Library!!! It is nice. Very Nice.

1 comment:

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

we're glad y'all are here...praying with us...and enjoying the fact that here in childress it's the CHRISTmas holidays!!! :)