Sunday, December 7, 2008

A trip to Chicago

I cannot wait to get to Chicago two weeks from today. MJ and I first get to visit our good friends in Bourbonnais and then it will be on to my home town Lemont Illinois. If you do not know where Lemont is, our claim to fame is the movie, "Save the Last Dance." The beginning of the movie is in Lemont High School and the opening scene is various shots of the Landscape of the town. Anyway, my family is there and we cannot wait to visit with them and eat their food. As an added bonus we will get to go to our old church and hear some awesome praise and worship along with Dereck our old Pastor. He did such an awesome job making everyone feel welcome, a lot like Trey Morgan at C of C. I cannot wait to see Katie prego. To visit with Mike, Kara, Tony, Katie, Sean and Amanda. Marijon is really looking forward to holding Arlene, Sean and Amanda's newborn who is named after my Mother, Arlene Waldron. I must have made a great impression on Amanda during that year of co-teaching we did at Manteno High School. Anyway I am rambling, so I will go, just wanted to share the excitement and let you all know Marijon and I will be really cold in about two weeks.

3 comments:

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

sounds like fun!! bet you actually get to see some snow, too!!!!

Anonymous said...

awesome...bring back some snow and pizza!
just remember...you can visit as long as you come back to c-town!

Fun Family Fitness said...

Have fun....but stay warm....steph