Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Milestone

Well Mj and I are in training to run in the Wee Chi Tah half marathon. Do you know how far that is. 13.1 miles. That is the distance from the Bishop ranch to the United Supermartket in Childress Texas. You cannot even see the United from our house. That is super far. I am scared. Today was a milesonte for us, but more for me. We ran 8.2 miles this morning. I made it, but it hurt. At least when I finished I could say, #1 I have never ran that far before in my life, #2 I accomplished something great, #3 my wife is proud of me and I of her, and #4 Thank the good Lord we finished before the 40 mile an hour winds hit this morning. I am sure I will be very sore and MJ will not, but we are making progress and hopefully training stays on schedule.

In response to the post from Donna Smith, I am very proud of our students and think that this Thursday and Friday we should dismiss early. How does that sound.

Have a good one, MJ and I leave for Chicago in five days, isn't that exciting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on the run...After 8 miles, what is 5.1 more?..lol
You can do it! I'll just remember that if I see you and MJ running to United, don't stop to pick you up...You are training...

Oh and thanks for the early out Thursday and Friday..You are too sweet!

Helen Keller said...

good job! you know i will be running in WF with you! i am scared too!

Caitlin said...

So how early do we get out??

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

awesome!! keep it up!!!