Monday, November 24, 2008

A weekend away















The view from the 9th floor at the Gaylord.















MJ and Joe in the Atrium of the Gaylord.

Well, MJ and I went on a weekend away for the first time since our honeymoon. It was a great time. Thanks to a hook up from a family friend we were able to stay at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, TX. This place was awesome. Our room was on the 9th floor, and the view from the balcony was impressive to say the least. On Saturday we did 80% of our Christmas shopping and then went to the Cheesecake factory for dinner. MJ had the Cobb salad, which she just loves to death, and I tried the Navajo Sandwich which was awesome. For dessert we shared chocolate peanutbutter cookie dough cheesecake, and I hurt myself. Sunday morning we ran in the fitness center and went to Whole Foods in Arlington. For lunch we happened to run across a Panera Bread and just had to have it. I miss that food choices are so large in Illinois where we lived and now it is all I talk about when we leave Childress. Did I forget to mention we also found Chipolte in Southlake. Man, I love food. Anyway the time away from home with my wife was awesome. We had fun.

2 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

Glad you guys had a great time away. We missed seeing you. Sounds like the food was great. Chipolte is one of my favorite places to eat. Lea and I've hit that one up in Southlake numberous times.

Now after a weekend like that ... we need to go running! :)

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

awesome!! nothing like a weekend get-away with the love your life!!! cheesecake factory.......i'm going to have a better day just because i thought about that place!!! :)