Monday, November 17, 2008

Mommer's and Walter's B-Day


MJ, Mommer, and Joe at Main Event 11/16/08


Walter Lambert and MJ at Main Event on 11/16/08

Sunday we celebrated a mile stone for two of my wife's favorite people. Edna Mae Lambert is my wife's mother's mother, or in short my wife's grandmother on her mom's side of the family. I guess that is not really short. She turned 90 on Saturday November 15th. Walter Lambert is my wife's mother's brother, or MJ's Uncle, and he turns 70 in just a few days. Both are special people to both of us and we were honored to celebrate with them on this special occasion. With MJ's side of the family mainly working in the farming world, at the celebrati0n I got to talking to Trey Lambert, Walter's son, about how much has changed in farming over the lifetime of Walter and Edna Mae. We talked about horse drawn plows that worked only one row at a time and all the manual labor involved that is now done with diesel powered motorized equipment, John Deere equipment. It amazes me what they have seen change and how the Lambert family has been so instrumental in the development of so much cotton farming equipment. Amazing people. I reminds me of how proud I was of my Dad when he used to tell us stories about the software he used and modified in the CPA firm where he worked. I think it was called Symphony. It was ahead of his time for the accountant world and the Lamberts were ahead of their time in farming cotton. MJ and I, as kids in two great families, have enjoyed talking about how proud we are of where we came from and we both hope we represent our families well in our daily lives.

No comments: