Thursday, February 19, 2009

Couple Things

This is the picture I promised of Zoey's leg. She is doing good. Walking well. In two weeks or so we will start short walks outside.

As for MJ and I we are very excited as today starts the first day for us as business owners. We sign today for the vineyard and begin work to prepare for planting next week with the water well install. So this is scary and exciting, but we have done a lot of planning and things look great from here.

Funny story that not everyone will know, but you will understand if you know me. About two weeks ago MJ and I bought a Sequoia, signed and drove it home. An awesome car, fully loaded with all the toys and I just loved it and so did MJ. We could travel with room and style. By the next day I was feeling the guilt and we called to return it. The dealer ended up taking it back, and that may be the best thing that has happened to me in the last 6 months. I have a sickness with cars, and maybe I am finally over this because MJ and I are now investing rather than spending. It feels great.

I guess I will also include a few pictures of the Tell house. Cabinets are being started, bathrooms are framed and drywalled, and texturing continues. I start tile work this weekend. Here are a few pics. Maybe we will move in in May or June.

The bathroom did look like this

And now it looks like this..



Have a great week.

3 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Wow! When you said something about the vineyard a while back, I didn't think you were REALLY doing it! Way to "branch" out...pun, TOTALLY intended.

Glad the pup is doing better...us people with dogs as kids for now totally "get" how nerve wrecking it can be to have a sick one.

And the house...wow, looks great! You and my husband would get along so well. I don't understand you "handy" people. Build a wall? What? Lay tile? How?

When Richard is procrastinating on something I want done, my motto is always, "If I could do it myself, I would, but I can't, so I need you to do it!"

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

way to go on your new business!!! that is awesome and exciting!!!! good luck!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE VINEYARD...must have been the cover-letter that cinched the deal...lol
I know that it will be a huge success...
Glad the pup is better too....looks so painful...
I'm with Charla about the repairs of the house....."the hammer does what?"

so i guess what i'm saying is....glad your life is ok...miss chatting with you at school..keep up the good work!!